I'm not surprised
Not everything lasts
I've broken my heart so many times I stopped keeping track
Talk myself in
I talk myself out
I get all worked up
Then I let myself down
I tried so very hard not to loose it
I came up with a million excuses
I thought I thought of every possibility
And I know some day that it’ll all turn out
You'll make me work so we can work to work it out
And I promise you kid that I give so much more than I get
I just haven't met you yet.
I might have to wait
I’ll never give up
I guess it's half timing, and the other half's luck
Wherever you are
Whenever it's right
You'll come out of nowhere and into my life.
And I know that we can be so amazing
And baby your love is gonna change me
And now I can see every possibility.
Somehow I know that it’ll all turn out
You'll make me work so we can work to work it out
And promise you kid, I'll give so much more than I get
I just haven't met you yet.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AJmKkU5POA if you want to hear it & see the video)
We're obviously waiting and are excited to meet little girl, but I'm not feeling at all impatient (though Clem may feel differently on this!). It's been a challenging pregnancy in many ways, and there was never a point where I felt fantastic - there's always been something making my body complain, some days much worse than others. But at the same time I've loved every minute of being pregnant, and at worst said I was happily miserable. It was getting difficult to cope with full-time work, and I am so thankful that this past week I could rest when I needed to. I'm still not getting much sleep during the day or night, but it's such a gift to be able to at least rest during the day, and I know my body has been crashing this week.
All this resting & letting my body crash to hopefully recover a bit before having the baby means that we're still totally not done the to-do list at home, but we're closer. Here's a new picture of one corner of the nursery - you can see the fantastic paint job Mike & Krystal did for us (thank you again!!!). The baby stuff is now in a different pile in the office, waiting for furniture in the nursery so it can be organized. (The green is sort of a bright-ish sage that will go with the espresso furniture that's on its way, and works well with the bedding we picked too.)
And a couple belly shots - I thought I felt like the baby might have dropped a couple weeks ago, and I think these pictures prove it!
November 18, 36 weeks:
November 29, 37 1/2 weeks:
No comments:
Post a Comment